St. Anthony Community Hospital Auxiliary
St. Anthony Community Hospital Auxiliary began in 1939 as a group of women whose purpose was to roll bandages and compresses for use in the hospital. Today, the activities of SACHA are more diverse, and the organization boasts more than 120 members.
In an effort to support our community hospital and the Bon Secours Charity Health System, the Auxiliary has sponsored and hosted many special functions. They include:
- Our annual June party
- A musical fashion show
- Progressive dnner
- A children's Christmas party
- A gift to each baby born at St. Anthony Community Hospital
In addition to raising funds for the needs of today, SACHA is also helping to insure better health care for the future of our community, and we have fun doing it!
Annually, the Auxiliary awards several scholarships to assist in the education of future health care professionals.
why join SACHA?
- The Auxiliary has established itself as a viable and respected part of the community
- An association with SACHA means new friendships, an outlet for talents and special interests, and a rewarding way to serve your community
- Our major fundraiser is our annual June Party and is generally attended by over 300 people
- Some of SACHA's recent donations include $21,000 in physical therapy equipment and a $14,400 fetal monitoring system to the hospital
- We are proud to have pledged to every capital campaign including our Caring For Life campaign commitment of $75,000 to the Kennedy Birthing Center, another exciting addition to St. Anthony Community Hospital
come to a meeting
Each month a catered luncheon meeting is held in the Greenbriar Room at Mount Alverno Center on Grand Street in Warwick. During each luncheon, present SACHA projects and fundraising programs are planned and discussed, all in an enjoyable social setting. Informative guest speakers are invited to provide a varied program.
To make meetings easier to attend, a baby-sitter is available on the premises to care for children. Also, transportation to meetings is available, if necessary.
If you have any questions regarding SACHA membership, you may call any of the following members:
Gloria Okon: 845.986.2524
Linda Sampson: 973.209.4526
Laura Shanahan: 845.986.1679