Weiss Renal Dialysis Center Suffern
The Frank and Fannie Weiss Renal Dialysis Center is an outpatient facility of Good Samaritan Hospital, providing ongoing hemodialysis and continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD) services to patients who need kidney dialysis. The Weiss Renal Center is the only hospital-based dialysis unit in Rockland County providing a full range of kidney dialysis services to patients.
Convenience of location and availability of services are two important considerations when choosing a dialysis center. Weiss Renal Center is on the grounds of Good Samaritan Hospital, with easy access from Rockland and Orange counties in NY and Bergen County in NJ, making modern medical, surgical treatments and services readily available to you. Weiss Renal Center is open from 5:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m. Monday through Saturday. We make every attempt to accommodate your scheduling needs.
Weiss Renal Center is a fully equipped twenty-station hemodialysis center and multifaceted CAPD training and monitoring center. In addition, we offer a self-care hemodialysis program in which you administer your own dialysis treatment with the support and supervision of the unit staff. In the event you require hospitalization, hemodialysis and CAPD are provided on an inpatient basis.
The nursing staff, technical staff, social workers and dietitians are knowledgeable, caring professionals who take pride in providing the best in comprehensive care. Ongoing educational services will help you and your family to understand your illness and treatment.
Arrangements for dialysis treatment may be made by contacting the social worker at Weiss Renal Center or through your doctor. When eligible, transportation arrangements may be made for ambulance, ambulette or taxi services.
Financial arrangements for dialysis treatment are most often covered under Medicare. Our social workers will provide guidance and assistance with individual insurance questions.
services available at Weiss Renal Dialysis Center:
- State-of-the-art hemodialysis treatment provided by certified nephrology nurses and technicians
- CAPD program with education and training by certified nephrology nurses and technicians
- Nutritional counseling
- Social services and counseling
- Transplant assistance
- Pre-dialysis support group
- Monthly dialysis support group
- Self-care hemodialysis program
- Patient educational programs
- Quarterly newsletter
- Patient education committee
- Education bulletin board
- Self care and CAPD training programs
- Educational videos available
- Color television at each station
- Newly renovated waiting area
- Acute in-hospital dialysis unit