The Good Samaritan Hospital Home Health Agency provides rehabilitative services to you in the comfort of your own home. These services consist of Physical Therapy designed to help you regain independence, mobility and strength, Occupational Therapy designed to help you regain the skills of everyday living after an accident or illness and Speech Language Pathology services to provide treatment for communication, feeding and swallowing disorders.
Physical therapists work with patients of all ages as well as caregivers in the home to improve normal movement and function after surgery, accidents or other illnesses.
Therapists will first evaluate your muscle strength, joint function, pain and ability to perform activities. They will then provide therapeutic exercises, gait, transfer, balance and endurance training, as well as pain relief strategies, based on the evaluation and your physician's prescription.
Physical therapists may work with caregivers to teach safe and effective techniques to assist them in caring for you. They will evaluate your home environment and make recommendations to increase function and safety in your home.
Physical therapists will also make suggestions for assistive devices, adaptive equipment and prosthetic/orthotic devices, as well as train you in their use.
Occupational therapy can help you be as independent as possible in activities of daily living. This is accomplished through exercises and special adaptive equipment. Occupational therapy offers:
- Recommendations for special adaptive equipment to help with personal needs, such as bathing, grooming and dressing
- Suggestions for safety and accessibility using a walker, wheelchair and other devices to allow you to participate in daily tasks
- Ways to prepare and serve meals independently and safely
- Arrangement of home and belongings so that you can continue daily household tasks
- Education in energy conservation and joint protection to prevent fatigue and injury during daily tasks
- Development of a home exercise program to regain as much function as possible
- Ways for you to participate in your favorite recreational pursuits
- Assistance in planning for return to work and previous level of functioning.
speech/language pathology services
Speech/Language Pathology Services can assist you, in the comfort of your home, to improve speech and swallowing disorders and improve communication skills.
For more information, please contact us:
call: 888.563.CARE  or 845.368.8263