Pastoral Care meeting the spiritual needs of all patients in Western Orange and Sullivan Counties, NY, Northern Sussex County, NJ, and Pike County, Pennsylvania, for the past 40 years.
Members of the Pastoral Care Department at Bon Secours Community Hospital are an essential part of your health care team. Our experienced Pastoral Care Department consists of three N.A.C.C. board certified chaplains – Director/Chaplain, Staff Priest Chaplain and a Dominican Sister Chaplain; plus a lay coordinator, an ordained Deacon and eight well-trained pastoral visitors. Pastoral Care staff Chaplains are active members of the Palliative Care Team and BSCH Ethics Committee.
As part of the BSCH multidisciplinary team, pastoral care is here to provide:
- Spiritual comfort and support in times of crises, through compassionate presence, prayer, rituals, sacraments and confidential counsel to patients, residents, families and staff members
- Assistance for patients and their families to cope with serious illness and end-of-life issues
- Compassionate, spiritual, holistic care, which treats patients and residents as whole persons, with physical, social, psychological and spiritual needs, integral to the healing process
- Coordination of religious services, memorial services and bereavement support
- A healing presence to people of all faiths or no faith
- Quick response to referrals, emergencies and traumas
- Attendance and participation at wakes and funerals
liturgical services – all services are at 11:00 a.m.
- Catholic Mass: Wednesday, Friday and Sunday
- Catholic Communion Service: Mondays
- Episcopal Holy Eucharist: 1st Thursday of every month
- Lutheran Holy Eucharist: 4th Tuesday of every month
- Ecumenical Service: 2nd, 3rd, and 4th Thursday of every month
Pastoral Care Staff
Director/Chaplain, Debra Sheridan, Ext. 7006
Sr. Rosemary Corr, O.P. BC Chaplain Ext. 6160
Fr. Vincent I. Odikanoro, BC Chaplain Ext. 6160
Eileen Perreault, Pastoral Care Coordinator, Ext. 6161
Our Pastoral Care Department is located on the 3rd floor of Bon Secours Community Hospital opposite the elevators. We welcome the opportunity to serve you.